We do not use eyeshadows daily, do we? And for many of us, it would just lay abandoned on our dressing table for many years, but did you know you can use eyeshadows in place of other makeup products as well.
So, beauties take out all those eyeshado palettes from your stack and see what wonders they can do to enhance your beauty.
Here are 9 unusual ways to use your eyeshadows:
1) On your lips: After applying lipstick, choose a matte shade eyeshadow close to the color of your lipstick and dab it on the center of your lips. It will add dimensions to your lips and will also increase the staying power of your lipstick.
2. As an eyeliner: If you’re late for a party and do not have time to do full eye makeup or smokey eyes, then just take your eyeliner brush, damp it a little bit, select a color of your choice. Then, make a line close to your lashes. You may create bold, sharp or winged lines with it or you may just smudge it to get a soft look.
3) For contouring: If you are a newcomer to the world of “contouring” and if you are apprehensive about that full-fledged contouring kit, then worry not! Use an eyeshadow which is two shades darker than your natural skin, follow the contouring rules, and blend it properly. Many makeup artists use eyeshadows for contouring. Also, when you become confident, you may buy the contouring kit from reputed cosmetic brands.
4) Enhance your brows: Often we ignore our brows while option for a full face makeup. We even forget to pick a brow pencil for ourselves. But filling your brows can really make a difference to your whole look. Use a matte brown, black or a color close to your natural color to fill your brows. In fact, brown eyeshadow looks more natural than brow pencil. With the help of a stiff or angled brush, fill in your arches, and then blend it to soften the appearance of any hard lines.
5). For Highlighting: If you can do the highlighting properly, it can make you look young and also add a natural glow to your face. Apply eye shadow shades like creamy beige or soft pink on your cheekbones as well as under the bridge of the nose to get a soft and natural glow.
6) As a blush: Eyeshadow shades like light orange and red can work as blushes. Avoid using eyeshadows with shimmers though. Shimmers will spread all over your face and won’t look good at all. Always start with a little, and then afterwards, add more to build the color, if required.
7). For hiding tattoos: Do you want to hide that tattoo that you had done for your ex? 😛 It’s possible but the process requires a bit of effort and time. All you need is an eyeshadow with high pigmentation and a foundation. First, apply primer over your tattoo, then cover it with foundation, fix it with hair spray. Wait until it dries completely and then apply eyeshadow over it. You might have to repeat this process (foundation- hair spray- eye shadow) 2-3 times until the tattoo is no longer visible.
8). For concealing dark circles: Good news is that eyeshadows can also hide those dark circles under your eyes. If you remember the color chart, then you would know that orange comes opposite to blue on the color wheel. Therefore, take orange and blue non-shimmery matte or creamy eyeshadows, mix them up and apply on your dark circles. The two colors will cancel out each other. Apply foundation or matte powder to set the eyeshadows and also to prevent them from creasing.
9) For covering grey hair: Did you just notice grey hair strands around your hairline before stepping out for a wedding? Use a firm brush to take a matte finish eyeshadow and swipe it over grey hair lightly. You would be able to conceal them effectively with this technique. You can also use this method to cover up any gap on your scalp.
Next time, when you are traveling, there’s hardly any need to carry lot of makeup products with you. An eyeshadow palette can replace a lot of things in your makeup stash.
Have you tried any of these eyeshadow tricks before? Do let me know in the comments below.
Hope you enjoyed this article,do let us know how these tricks worked for you.
Keep shining like a beautiful gold shimmery eyeshadow. 😀