I just got a new hair cut and I got my hair colored for the first time. Too much of a make-over at the same time 😛
But hey this makeover comes with a lot of responsibilities and to name some, we need to maintain the new glow and shine of the hair. And if colored hair looks dull and damaged then believe me there will be no other worse hair nightmare for any girl.
Coming back to the DIY mask. I thought of using the products from my kitchen to help me maintain and enrich my hair and skin as well.
I put my hands on some of the products that I know are good for both skin and hair as well.
Let me start with the Ingredients:
- 2 Eggs
- 2 parts Besan (Gram flour)
- 1 part Multani Mitti ( aka Fuller’s Earth or Betonite clay)
- 2 drops of almond oil
- 7 drops of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- one lemon
Method to prepare your hair and face mask:
- Mix Eggs, Fuller’s earth and Gram flour together so that no lumps remain in the mixture (use your hands to mix the ingredients instead of a spoon, it will work best).
- Add almond oil and olive oil to this mixture.
- Add milk.
- Now squeeze a lemon into the mixture and mix again.
- Note that the mixture should not be too viscous or too runny. it should be easy to apply on and should not drip. (You can maintain the consistency but adding more fuller’s earth to make it thick or add more lemon juice and milk to make it thin).
How to use.
- The first thing is to prep your face and hair for the mask.
- Cleanse you face with a pH balance face wash and wet your hair thoroughly.
- I prefer to apply it first on my face and then on my hair.
- Apply the mixture on your face and neck so that it covers all the area well enough.(I wont give you false hopes, YES THIS DOES SMELL BAD)
- Now apply the mixture onto your scalp and massage well, it will improve the blood circulation in the area.
- Apply the mixture to the hair strands and to the ends as well.
- This mixture will nourish your skin and hair with all the essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Keep the mask on your face and hair till it dries up completely.
- DO NOT use any face wash or shampoo to wash off your face and hair as this mask will cleanse your skin and hair much better then any of the branded artificial products.
You can use this mask when ever you have to shampoo your hair. Apply it on your hair and leave till you finish your shower, then rinse your hair.
Your hair will love this treatment.
You can also use the home made leave-in conditioner on your hair after rinsing of your hair with this mixture.
- Mix 1 cup Apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water.
- Store the mixture in a spray bottle.
- After you rinse your hair, spray this mixture on your hair and you are all good to go.
For the girls with thin hair like me. Sun dry or blow dry your hair up side down.
This will give the extra bounce to your hair.
If you are worried about the smell. You can use essential oils or natural essence for that ever so fragrant hair.
- Mix 1 part vanilla essence, 1 part cinnamon essence with 3 parts distilled water.
- Store in a spray bottle.
- Spray when your hair is completely dry.
This hair care regime will not only give you shinny, softer and healthier hair, but will also promote hair growth.
And that’s what we all want. 🙂
So here you go, the all new natural and beautiful YOU.